Friday, November 30, 2012

Haircuts...

I spent the last two weeks out of town visiting my son.  Great visit, nice Thanksgiving, etc.  We went to get our haircut (hairs cut?) at a place he normally goes to and the lady doing my hair was very talkative if not flirtatious.  she was easily in her mid 40's (or at least had a life that made her look to be) and she volunteered that she was divorced as she became quite chummy.  I know it is the part of the program to drive better tips, but it almost seemed as if she was coming on to me.

Then we began discussing my son who was having his hair cut in a chair on the other side of the room.  She looked a few times then realized that she had done his hair before on a few occasions but had not recognized him because he was out of uniform.  He wears a flight suit for his job but was in civilian clothes this day.

She dropped me like a hot potato and now it was all about my son.  "Hey, when are we getting together for that beer you promised," she yelled across the room.

I suddenly feel old.

4 comments:

Phaedrus said...

Glad you made it back.

I had to quit going to the woman that cut my hair a few times. Kept getting a hard on. Very embarassing as she wasn't coming on to me at all.

Mrs. M said...

If it makes you feel better there are some of us in our late twenties who would hit on your before we would hit on your young son. Just sayin'! ;)

JFBreak said...

Mrs. M always knows how to make an older guy feel better!

Matt Harvath said...

The world needs more women like Mrs. M!