Friday, November 6, 2015

Just a Passing Thought...

Is it possible that instead of my fantastic MLC (Mid Life Crisis) being the cause of my ever worsening series of blog entries, I could have some sort of weird neurological situation going on?  I mean, you hear these stories about people who grow some weird tumor on their brain that causes them to suddenly change personalities, speak languages they have no business knowing, and doing off the wall things.  Maybe something like that is going on with me.

By any disinterested third-party evaluation of the facts, an observer could say that I have made some really questionable choices fairly recently, if not in the last several years. What if this series of hi-jinks, these relationships / friendships / flashes of flesh, could be attributable to something medical?  I don't offer that as an excuse in any sense, by the way.  It is an honest question.  I'm happy to take credit for the things I've said, written or done and I feel comfortable calling these things signs of my MLC.  But I can't help but wonder if there is something else going on.

I don't know why I even ponder this but I did have a strange thought the other day.  What if I woke up in hospital recovery room and the doctor says, "We removed the tumor, you should be back to normal now."  And then I login to this blog and start reading and I'm suddenly shocked!   

I did what?

Like I say - just a passing thought.




2 comments:

Mike said...

Honestly I've been reading your blog for quite awhile and I don't see anything that is too crazy or abnormal, unless of course you've been withholding the really wacky stuff. ;)

I'm a serial cheater on a wonderful woman, and can't stop the compulsion to seek out "fresh meat". For me it's the thrill of the chase and not so much the final conquest, after which i feel overwhelming guilt, until a few days later and the itch starts again.

I've also secretly explored my bi side, and find that I like to suck cock. Who knew?

Anyway, I think you're getting yourself worked up without serious justification. Life is just a series of experiences and some will be enjoyable and some not so much. But until you try you will never know.

JFBreak said...

Thank you, Mike. You should e-mail me sometime...